BOARDING AT LUCKLEY HOUSE SCHOOL
Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/LuckleyBoarding
Luckley House School is the perfect choice if you are considering boarding. Set in beautiful Berkshire countryside, but just 40 minutes from London, our facilities provide a secure and happy environment for all pupils to live together and to enjoy the many extra-curricular activities on offer at the school.
Luckley House School offers flexible, weekly and full boarding provisions to suit modern family life. Boarding develops life skills, teaching them to be tolerant and considerate team players. Pupils learn responsibility for themselves, their study, their belongings and their relationships with others.
We offer school transport service from West London for Weekly Boarders, picking up on Sunday evenings and dropping off on Friday evenings.
Our Boarding house staff are skilled at ensuring that new boarders are absorbed into the boarding family with ease and soon become settled and happy. The friendships created in a boarding environment are long standing.
Pupils and staff are in effect a second family, where close and supportive relationships are the norm. Friendships also develop across year groups enabling pupils to extend their social networks beyond their immediate peer group.
Luckley Boarders thrive within the routines set by the boarding houses. Pupils have designated study periods to work either in their own rooms, or communal computer suites and study centres.
For more senior pupils this space and structure is enormously beneficial in focusing their efforts and helping them to reach their potential.
For younger pupils the availability of staff to support and guide their prep is both reassuring and motivating.
Benefits of the British system
Through our closeknit and supportive approach, we are able to provide a truly warm welcome to the UK for international students.
Welcome, hospitality and care are deeply ingrained in the Luckley ethos and this helps families to make their transition to our school as seamless as possible.
- Cultural experience gained through becoming part of a British school community
- A home-from-home boarding environment with spacious and modern facilities
- A beautiful, safe and secure school site
- Discipline and traditional values
- Small and nurturing environment which focuses on the individual
- Excellent GCSE and A Level results
- Strong Christian values
- Additional language support
- After school activities and opportunities to be involved with art, sport, drama and music
- Support with university applications
- Close proximity to London (40 minutes). Also close to Windsor, Reading, Ascot and many other historical and cultural places of interest.