You automatically become a member of Luckley House Friends, when your child joins Luckley House School. The Luckley House Friends committee consists of parents, the head, bursar and the head and deputy head pupils. Our purpose is to enrich the social lives of the pupils by arranging activities, enhance the school community spirit and fundraise to purchase additional equipment and amenities for the school.
We are always very happy to welcome new members, even for an hour or two a term, so please help as and when you can. This can be by joining the committee, helping on the day of events or providing us with feedback and suggestions for new activities. It’s a good way of meeting other parents and making new friends!
If you would like to join us, we generally meet one Monday evening each month during the school term and our meeting dates are published on the school calendar.
To contact us, either leave a message in our tray at the school office or email us at email@example.com
We hope to meet you soon at our meetings or events.
Mairi Shewfelt and Julie Jamieson (Co- Chairs)
A big thank you to the sponsors for our Summer BBQ:
As well as regular tuck sales, we will be hosting several fundraising and social events throughout the year. We will be asking for views on your preferred events and announce additional events throughout the year. This year’s planned events include:
- Summer BBQ & Luckley Music Show – 2 July 2016
- Provided complimentary Pimm’s on Speech Day – 8 July 2016
- Organised Year 7 bowling before their afternoon induction – September
- Meet and Greet at New Parents Night – September
- Bonfire and Firework Night – 4 November 2016
- Bring a Tin in aid of Wokingham Food Bank – December
We aim to raise at least £5,000 each year, towards new items for the school. Over the past few years, we have matched the school’s contribution towards a new minibus and ICT equipment. We also gave a large donation to the art extension and library. In 2016 we have contributed towards equipment for the new Performing Arts Centre, The Whitty Theatre.
In addition, we have purchased:
- electronic equipment
- lighting and sound equipment for the Drama Department
- a baby grand piano
- new fitness equipment
- a new BBQ and picnic tables
- recording studio equipment
- a greenhouse for the gardening club
- D of E equipment including four new tents and rucksacks
- an external electronic noticeboard
- library book pods to showcase new books
- an iPod docking station for the 6th Form Centre
- screen-printing equipment for The Art Department
- an electronic drum kit
- a new trampoline.
We like to keep you up to date with our news and do this through ParentMail, the school website and the termly Luckley Life Newsletter. Copies of Luckley Life are available to download in the News section of the website.